in2gr8mentalhealth Under Reconstruction




Dear Supporters and Members of in2gr8mentalhealth,


As you know I have taken the in2gr8mentalhealth website offline while I do my deep clean to the structures at the back of the site. When I do this, I have a look at any updates that occur to the widgets I use to run the site, by the host platform, and make changes accordingly.

When I had a look at some of the forthcoming updates, they didn't feel helpful for how the site needs to continue to run, including supporting the donation/badge shop, blog and forum. This is in some exasperation and I will now move forward to search out better options. Sometimes platform updates are too broad and end up changing the ‘fit’ for some users, I am not a web developer, but at times like this wish I were, so I could develop something from scratch specific to our needs! It's my job to make sure that what we use remains fit for purpose.  

So, I have taken a rather big decision to keep the website off-line for the time being, for my eyes only, while I tinker with it and have a think about new options and next steps. It's possible that there is an intermediate option like at least a stand-alone forum / stand-alone blog until I can integrate them (excuse the pun). All previous links to any part of the website will end up at an error page until I can get a nice holding page sorted. There won’t be any access to the blog, shop or forum during this down-time I’m sorry to say. If you are involved in a current project with me, nothing will change, this is via our arranged emailing and we will continue our work there.

I will use the amazing £270 that has been donated to help us find in2gr8mentalheath a new home (because that is what it feels like to me and others). Please give me a few weeks to sort out some options as I’ll need to do this in evenings and weekends, it remains voluntary work since launch in 2017 (my eyes are welling up at how important that moment was to me to find a peer group - this will continue!). I’m so grateful that we have those funds, especially now this change needs to happen. But change can be good and perhaps I'll find something even better. If you happen to have a little black book of web developers looking for a good cause in mental health to offer low cost/probono work to, please please contact me!

If you have any queries in the meantime, please write to me at contact@in2gr8mentalhealth.com. I will still be doing my lived experience workshops, teaching, work with training courses, professional bodies and talks. In2gr8mentalhealth will still be live, loud and supportive on our various social media channels below. We will be keeping up our message that the lived experience of mental health professionals should be supported, destigmatised, valued and integrated in a whole-systems approach in our mental health professions. There is no 'us and them', only our common humanity and a reflective awareness of how we navigate our priviledges and the weight of stgma, when we work as providers with lived experience in the mental health system. 

With very best wishes to you all and thank you for your support since 2017!

I will keep you updated and I have definitely not gone anywhere!

Dr Natalie Kemp
Founder in2gr8mentalhealth


Comments

Donate to in2gr8!

Buy an in2gr8 Badge!

Number of buttons